While our proposals typically include all expenses related to the pipe organ itself – including design, construction, installation, and voicing – organ projects often demand modifications to the location where the organ will be installed. The nature of these will necessarily be different from place to place, depending on the extent of the changes required. On-site modifications to a client’s premises prior to the organ’s delivery are beyond the scope of our proposals with the expectation that there will be suitably sized and appropriately sturdy platforms upon which to build the organ.
A purchase agreement will typically detail the following areas of purchaser responsibility:
- Any applicable taxes, duties, levies, surcharges, fees or permits imposed on the organ project or related activities by the purchaser’s federal, state, or local authorities.
- Any preparatory work required for the floors, walls, and ceilings of any organ areas in advance of the installation including painting, plastering, concrete or masonry repairs, window repairs and cleaning.
- Any expenses related to the provision of any steel framing or structures that may be required for architectural or structural reasons.
- Any expenses related to providing the organ with the necessary electrical connections for the organ’s blower and power supplies, including conduits, circuits, wiring, outlets, relays, switches, starters, and other electrical equipment as required.
- Any expenses related to providing a sufficient number of electrical circuits and lighting within the pipe organ for the instrument’s future maintenance, including conduits, circuits, wiring, outlets, fixtures and light bulbs.
- Any expenses related to the provision of any scaffolding and hoisting apparatuses for the installation phase of the project (as well as the dismantling phase if applicable).
- Any expenses related to the supply and installation of appropriate and air-tight wind lines (ducts) between remote locations for the organ blowers and the organ chambers as determined in collaboration with church authorities.
- Any expenses related to the provision of suitable dumpsters for on-site waste disposal of packing materials for the duration of the organ’s installation.
Need more information?